Saturday 18 April 2009

Easter Week

Its been quite a busy week during easter and I thought I would summarise it in one post.
Starting with Easter Saturday, I went down to Patrington Haven for a walk with the dog and saw some decent birds including a marsh harrier,small flock of twite,my first yellow wagtail of the year and my first swallow of the year.
On the Sunday I went to Spurn and saw a blue headed wagtail,a very smart male redstart a few more yellow wagtails along with another first for the year-a white Wagtail.
On the Monday I went out with a couple of friends to try to amass a big list.
We fell short of our target of 100 species, but we did manage some good birds including a common buzzard,litle owl,marsh harrier,kingfisher and ring ouzel.
Then down to Spurn again on Friday night in decent light I managed a few shots of a black redstart and went back again on the saturday.However the weatherhad changed it was very cloudy and very cold.
I did manage to see a hawfich, a couple of bramblings and siskins also some half decent vies of a subalpine warbler and a spectacular hunting merlin on the way home.
Another good week, although we could now do with some decent weather to get the Spring migrants properly moving.
Black Redstart

White Wagtail

Blue Headed Wagtail

Siskin

Blue Headed Wagtail

Blue Headed wagtail

Twite

Twite

No comments: