Saturday 15 August 2009

Humber Waders

I've been having some problems uploading my photos just lately so these are some images from last weekend.
I've been down to my favourite spot at Patrington haven and managed some shots of the usual redshank,greenshank and dunlin but i wanted some variety so I tried a ne place at Paull and got the shots of the black tailed godwit and common sandpiper.
They wer taken in late evening but all the other shots were taken early in the morning.
For the green sandpiper, I had gone bak to Pat Haven with an idea of getting even closer setting up under a bag hide right at the edge of the mud.
It didnt take long for the waders to come on to the lagoon and I heard the green sand calling but thought it flew over.
Unknown to me it had landed about 5 metres away.When I eventually got it in focus I managed a few close up shots then it went to the other side of the lagoon.
Also about were thousands of knot, a curlew sandpiper and a massive flock of gulls, turtle dove at the car park.










No comments: