Friday 29 April 2011

Collard Pratincole

I had my second trip to Lincolnshire and faired marginally better than my last trip.
First I went for the tawny pipit at Tetney Lock and spent another 3 fruitless hours marching up and down looking for it.
The only consolation was some superbly coloured dotterel in the pea field long the side of the canal.
Then I went to Immingham for the collard pratincole. At first it was sat on a small island pretty close then it went hawking insects for about 2 hours giving some spectacular flight displays but making it pretty tricky to photograph.
I was very pleased with these results and could be tempted to go back tomorrow-unless something crops up at Spurn....











1 comment:

Dicky Ticker said...

Cracking pics Martin, still not recovered froom seeing these, stunning considering the distance the bird....still deperessed & disillusioned after seeing them again on here! Canon going on Ebay!