Tuesday 17 February 2009

A Mixed Bag








I managed a trip down to the Humber Estuary on Sunday morning,got there for first light and saw 3 barn owls and 2 short eared owls hunting.
No sign of any rptors but plenty of waders and ducks along with close views of hare and roe deer.
i didn't stay too long as the light was pretty poor and it had started to rain
My next port of call was North Frodingham for the re-appearance of the Bewick swans, from there I went over to Barmston in the hope of the ecently reported glaucous gull.
there was no sign whilst i was there butI did manage to see a purple sandpiper, flyover snow bunting and quite a few common waders.
I was quite pleased with my shots of the sanderling, quite obliging at high tide but almost impossible to photograph as they ran about o the sand exposed by the receeding tide.
Might go back again for these in better light.

No comments: