Sunday 1 February 2009

Too Cold For Birding!!!!!











I had a ride out into east Yorkshire this afternoon with my 11 year old daughter, we went up to see the Bewick swans at Frodingham and fortunately we could see them from the car.




I managed a few record shots as the snow was coming down but it was far too cold to hang about!

We then had a drive down to Tophill Low to have alook at the feeding station, it was quite full but in the hour we were there we saw a brambling 2 woodcocks a water rail and had some great views of a sparrowhawk.

well worth the trip, I'm looking forward to getting out and about in some decent weather.

the glaucous gull and green winged teal would have been nice but .... maybe on a nicer day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superb pics - I've just stumbled on your blog via Google, and a very good one it is too - I've added a link to it on my blog.

I've also start a fledgling multi-user blog for Yorks Birders if you're interested at all in contributing. It can be found here http://yorksbirders.wordpress.com

Pete