Sunday 5 September 2010

Common Rosefinch

I had another trip to Spurn this morning full of expectation of some more good birds. it didn't quite live up to what I was hoping for but I managed to see a few common migrants such as whinchat, redstart, pied flycatcher, white throat and willow warbler.
There was a smattering of other decent birds about including a sparrowhawk, water rail, little egret and a couple of greenshank.
I was pleased to catch up with one of the common rosefinches that have been present for a few days.
I have posted one shot and 2 crops of the same image. I was quite happy with the mornings work but this was somewhat overshadowed with the news of yet another east yorkshire mega in the form of a brown flycatcher at Buckton.
One day I might manage to catch up with one.







No comments: